Featured Posts

Shine with Sequins! Lately sequins are everywhere: jackets, hair bands, skirts, leggings, sweaters, shirts and shoes!

Read more

Full Figured Fashion Week(end) The best of Plus-Size Fashion is coming to Los Angeles - October 28th-30th, 2010

Read more

Thrift Store Haul Check out a few pieces I picked up while thrift store shopping!

Read more

Amber RileyGet Amber Riley’s dress for $10.50!

Read more

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Marc Jacobs to Offer Plus Sizes


Lately, there has been some great news going around. First the news of SAKS carrying plus size fashions from the likes of YSL, Chanel and D&G. Then today, I hear fabulous news of Marc Jacobs launching a plus size line. Huh? Am I dreaming? Designers are finally starting to see that fashion doesn't end at a size 10. If this is true, I'm ecstatic! BUT I'm holding everything in until I see proof! :) I have always loved Marc Jacobs designs, and I very much appreciate what he offers to the fashion world.

How did this come about? A debate on Twitter....lol. Robert Duffy, Marc Jacobs's business partner, wrote: 


"Interest in plus sizes? Women are dying for fashion. Need to get the message out. We gotta do larger sizes. I'm with you. As soon as I get back to NY. I'm on it! It will take me about a year. But stay with us."


Well you go right ahead Robert! I hope you follow through on your word. 


Read more on Duffy's debate and the story here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails